Join our team at MacDonald & Owen Lumber Company. We produce kiln-dried hardwood lumber and dimensional wood components for our customers throughout the U.S. and overseas. With locations in Wisconsin, Kentucky, and Pennsylvania, we have openings in a variety of places to choose from.
Our company is focused on core values, is family-oriented, and has a desire to promote from within. We value honor, commitment, command, drive, a willingness to change, and a servant-hearted attitude. We want our employees to thrive in business and in life!
We are always looking to add people to our growing team. For a full list of positions available at our facilities, check out our page on Indeed. If you already know what position you’d like to apply for, fill out our online application by clicking Apply Now!
We’re excited to get to know you and find a place for you on our team!
Job Openings by State
Assistant General Manager
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for driving successful business operations. This person will work closely with the General Manager to ensure quality, timely, accurate, innovative, and safe business practices at our Luck Kilns facility.
Dimensional Products Sales Manager
West Salem, WI
The Dimensional Products Sales Manager is responsible for finding, quoting, and developing new dimensional product sales orders. You will manage and assist with the leadership of Dimensional Products orders, inventory, and processes. This position works closely with customers and operations staff to ensure on-time delivery and quality.
Tool Room-Grinder Technician
Perform a variety of job tasks in the production of wood components. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible. Set up and fully operate the molder to company standards and customer specifications.
Starting Pay $18-20/hr
Maintenance Technician 2nd shift
Assist with maintenance efforts at MacDonald & Owen Lumber Co. Kilns division or St. Croix Wood Components division on Duncan Street in Luck, WI.
Starting Pay $21-$27/hr
Production Administrative Assistant
Support the goals of our operation through various administrative tasks, process management, reporting, and projects. This position will require being highly organized, proactive, highly responsive, and acting with a high level of integrity with sensitive information.
Starting Pay $19-21/hr
Pile products according to established markings and/or assist with stickering of green lumber.
Starting Pay $18/hr
The General Operator role is responsible for performing production work, including operating machinery, assembly of components or parts, feeding, off-bearing, stacking and inspection of product to ensure quality. General Operators at St. Croix Wood Components may work on multiple lines and machines including but not limited to pop-chop, pocket drill, chop line, gluer, finish line, SLR, RIP and DET. All roles require general housekeeping and safety consciousness.
Starting Pay $18/hr
Northeast Sales Manager
The Northeast Sales Manager is responsible for finding, quoting, and developing new product sales orders. You will manage and assist the Sales & Purchasing team with orders, inventory, and processes. This position works closely with customers and operations staff to ensure on-time delivery and quality.
Assistant General Manager
Bowling Green, KY
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for driving successful business operations. This person will work closely with the General Manager to ensure quality, timely, accurate, innovative, and safe business practices at our Bowling Green facility.
Bowling Green, KY
Pile products according to established markings and/or assist with the stickering of green lumber.
Starting Pay $15/hr
Frequently Asked Questions
- We recognize people for their contributions and talent.
- Every employee gets one on one weekly check-ins with their supervisor to make sure you are thriving in business and in life.
- We have a sign-on bonus of $500 after 90 days of employment for all production employees.
- If you bring in a friend and they last 90 days, you will receive a sign-on bonus of $500. Plus, every year after you and the person recommended remains employed, you will receive another $500 on their anniversary start date every year.
- We offer a free set of High Visibility clothing consisting of 5 shirts and 1 sweatshirt after 90 days of employment and bi-annually.
- We offer up to $100.00 per year reimbursement to help pay for safety toe footwear. This reimbursement can roll over to the next year and caps at $200.
- We offer Additional Monthly Bonuses.
- We celebrate wins and incorporate fun with our monthly Core Value Meetings where employees have the chance to win a bonus on their next paycheck.
- We’ve been on Inc. 5000’s fastest-growing list over 5 times.
Employer Paid Benefits include:
- Preventative medical care plan for employees and dependents
- Life Insurance Policy ($10,000)
- Short Term Disability (employer-paid at 6 months of employment)
- Access to Smart Dollar financial wellness tool
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Sick Paid Leave, Paid Time Off, & Volunteer Paid Time Off.
- 4% 401k match at 6 months of employment
Employee Paid Benefits include:
- Additional Life insurance coverage for employees and dependents
- Long Term Disability coverage
- Accident, Critical Care, & Cancer Coverage
- Dental Insurance
MacDonald & Owen Lumber is a family-owned company, operating three hardwood lumber kiln drying facilities and one components facility. When you start a career with us, you become a part of the close-knit M&O family. We’re always checking in to make sure you’re doing well in weekly one on one meetings. It’s our vision to see our employees thrive in business and in life.
Our Core Values are more than words on a wall. They guide and influence our every decision and action. We hire and promote based on our core values!
Honor: Do right by our customers, vendors & each other
Commitment: Be all-in for the team
Drive: See opportunity, go after it!
Command: Know your stuff, do it on time, do it accurately, deliver expected results
Change: Adapt to support our mission
Servant Hearted: Serve, help & care for each other
We desire to be good stewards of what we’ve been entrusted with and enjoy giving back to the communities where we operate. We proudly support charities like Sleep in Heavenly Peace by providing lumber to build beds for children and families in need. We give in many other ways as well, including providing our employees with Volunteer Paid Time Off.
Living out our core values is the best way to find success at M&O. This looks like:
- Treating others with exceptional respect and kindness
- Demonstrating ownership and responsibility
- Being proactive and determined
- Having a team-focused mindset
- A desire to improve and solve problems with creativity
Job application form
Some error has occured.
- Feed materials into machines specialized for wood components manufacturing.
- Handle, sort, and stack product by batch and order description
- Prepare and assemble orders according to customer specifications
- Operate and feed machine
- Application of varnish and solutions
- Operate and maintain multiple machines and computer specifications
- Communicate with other departments and maintain the flow of work
- Quality control and knowledge of wood defects (sap, knots, etc.)
- Ability to spot fine details and characteristics of wood color and grain patterns
- Willingness to cross-train and take on new tasks
- Adhere to company policies and SOPs
- Maintain a safe work area clear from debris, clutter, and dust
- Follow safety procedures, rules, and guidelines; escalate any existing or potential safety issues to the supervisor/team lead
- Must be safety conscious, have a positive attitude, and work well in a team environment
- Maintain an excellent attendance record
- High school education or equivalent preferred but not required
- 6 months in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Basic understanding of measurements
- Manual/finger dexterity skills
- Ability to perform in a fast, labor-intensive environment with exposure to dust particles and loud machinery
- Ability to lift 25-75pounds
- Ability to stand/walk 10 hours per shift +breaks
- Capable of performing repetitive motions such as bending, twisting, reaching, pushing, pulling, and grasping.
- Understand spoken and written English
Acknowledgment: This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the supervisor/team lead. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.